This Finding the Slope of a Line lesson plan also includes:
Don't make a mountain out of finding slope. Learners find out how to determine the slope of a line graphed on the coordinate plane. Given a point and the slope of a line, pupils graph the line. Using the definition of slope, they then learn the slope formula and apply it to find the slope between two points.
- Lead a discussion on whether it matters which coordinate is the first and which is the second
- Brainstorm where class members have come across slope in the real world
- Individuals should be able to graph a line from a table of values
- Presentation contains notes for the teacher
- Provides information on when to break if completing the lesson over two class periods
- The link at the end of the presentation is not active