Between 100 billion and 400 billion stars exist in the Milky Way Galaxy. The video discuses five amazing stars with unique characteristics. Most pupils know about red giants but need to learn more about hybrid stars—here is a great video that fills in those gaps. Many of the discoveries of these specific stars happened recently.
- Encourage scholars to pick one star discussed and write a paragraph about what makes that star unique
- Go more in depth with how scientists know the elements in stars and the current methods used to date them
- Works well during any part of a unit on stars in a traditional or flipped classroom
- Highlights female scientists
- Offers subtitles in both English and Turkish
- Presenter's enthusiasm comes across