This Flag Day lesson plan also includes:
- Graphics & Images
- Join to access all included materials
Use a pocket chart poem to help you teach youngsters about the American flag and discuss the meaning of the starts and stripes. This resource also includes an additional lesson and poem prompting learners to think about the sights and smells of summer as the school year comes to an end.
- The activities in this resource are great for celebrating Flag Day or the Fourth of July
- Don't miss the suggested follow-up activity where each child creates a mobile of things they would like to do in the summer—a perfect end-of-the-year mini project!
- You will need to spend a bit of time gathering materials to construct the pocket chart poems
- Includes images of two pocket chart poems and how they should be constructed for your lesson
- Several suggestions for follow-up activities provided