You've got to know your basic addition and subtraction facts to do well in this game. The clock is ticking, so you better be focused.
The FlowPlus: Add. Subtract. Enter the Flow app has four different unique ways to strengthen your multiplication skills.
- Enter the Flow: Timed practice
- Normal: 6 seconds for each question
- Beginner: 12 seconds for each question
- Mad Minute: One minute to get as many correct as possible.
- Easy: Mostly one- and two-digit numbers
- Beat the Clock: Answer as many questions as possible within the time limit. Correct answers will buy more time, but problems get gradually harder as user progresses.
- Reversals: Given a number, find the correct expression.
- Reports: Information about problems, average time, and accuracy can be viewed on the app or sent as a CSV file to an e-mail account.
- Users: Individual user names can be created and their progress can be monitored
- Music and sound effects can be turned off or on
- Use this app to allow pupils to work at their own pace and level of expertise with individual milestones and check points
- Recommend this app for remediation work
- Some of the levels can be quite challenging, allow learners to work in small groups or teams to see if they can develop strategies to do better
This app is part of the series of apps by the same developer, including MultiFlow (integer multiplication skills) and DivisionFlow (integer division skills including remainders).
- Easy to use
- Multiple ways to practice addition and subtraction skills
- This app does not have a setting that allows you to turn the timer off and just practice for accuracy
- Addition and subtraction can not be practiced separately
- No space available to write out problem, if needed
- Only limited ability to control the numbers one can practice. (The easy, normal, hard settings control the numbers used.)