This Flying T-shirt Task activity & project also includes:
Have you ever caught a prize from a T-shirt cannon? If you do your math, you may have a better chance at that prize! The activity presents this scenario and asks scholars to predict the best position in the stands for catching the T-shirt. Presented as an open-ended question, learners may use different strategies to reach their conclusion.
- Form collaborative groups to work through the problem independently or with guidance
- Differentiate by providing the linear equation or guiding some through the steps of writing the equation
- Learners need to write a linear equation for the activity
- Provides extension questions to help differentiate
- Document is in Word format, allowing pupils to edit it easily