This Folk and Fairy Tale Readers: The Elves and the Shoemaker printables & template also includes:
Engage young readers in a unit on fairy tales with their very own copy of the classic story "The Elves and the Shoemaker." Including dialogue, three-syllable words, and up to five lines of text on a page, this printable book is best suited for developing the fluency of second and third grade readers.
- Read the story aloud to the class, asking kids to follow along in their own copies of the book
- After becoming familiar with the story, have children practice reading the book independently or in pairs
- Send the mini-book home with class members and have them practice reading with their parents
- Seek the assistance of a classroom aide or upper elementary student when assembling a class set of the mini-books
- Two additional versions of the template are provided that engage students in either writing the text or drawing the illustrations for the story
- A separate document is provided that includes instructions for creating the mini-book