This resource also includes:
Engage emergent readers in a literature unit on fairy tales with this printable version of "The Nightingale." Including dialogue, multisyllabic words, and up to five lines of text on a page, this book is ideal for developing the reading fluency of second and third grade students.
- While reading the story aloud to the class, have children follow along in their own books
- Have pupils practice reading the story in small groups during a teacher-led learning center
- Encourage parents to practice reading with their children by sending a copy of the mini-book home
- If making copies for each individual student, consider seeking the help of a classroom aide, parent volunteer, or upper elementary student
- Additional versions of the template are provided that allow children to fill in the text or create illustrations for the story
- A separate document that provides directions for making the mini-book is included