This Forest Travels - A Guide for Fungi lesson plan also includes:
Travel the forest with some of its most fascinating inhabitants—fungi! Crew members build comprehension skills during an informative presentation on fungi and their role in the forest ecosystem. Investigators read a scientific text to answer questions and map fungal movement in a forest. They then summarize concepts and use critical thinking abilities to engage in class discussion.
- Use a Think, Puzzle, Explore about fungi to assess prior knowledge
- Pair up scholars for reading and worksheet completion
- Fits as the fourth installment in a consecutive six-part series
- Opportunities for partner work increase participation
- Mapping activity provides practice using measurement and scale