Scholars discover the process of fortification with a lesson designed to boost personal health and wellness. To test the fortification process, small groups use a magnet to locate iron in bag of fortified cereal.
18 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Bring in several fortified foods for an in-class taste-test
- Encourage learners to read nutrition labels at home to identify fortified foods and discuss findings when they return to school
- Invite a farmer, food manufacturer representative, or nutritionist to speak to your class about healthy eating habits, particularly vitamins and minerals
- Take classroom allergies into consideration prior to bringing in food
- Provides four links to extend the learning experience
- Detailed lesson steps make for easy implementation