This Free Fall Clock and Reaction Time! lesson plan also includes:
Can you use gravity to create a clock? Pupils explore reaction time, acceleration, and gravity in a timely lesson. They test how quickly each can catch a dropped ruler, find average reaction times, and calculate percent error.
3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Test with and without a countdown to dropping the ruler
- Discuss the research showing that some video games increase reaction time
- Relies on prior knowledge of distance, velocity, acceleration, metric conversions, and standard formulas for velocity and acceleration
- Sets up pupils with the prior knowledge needed to understand straight line motion acceleration
- Uses readily available materials