This Free Falling: Working with Radicals lesson plan also includes:
Look out, radical falling! The lesson plan shows the class how to evaluate formulas that include radicals. They involve escape velocity, sight distance, and free fall times. Pupils then discuss what occupations may use radicals in their work. The lesson plan is the fourth of 10 that connect mathematics and careers.
- Provide the class with instruction on how to work with radicals
- Use in eighth grade if the pupils do not simplify the radicals
- Requires calculators to simplify the radicals
- The answer key provides the decimal approximations
- Contains links to career information
- Very few problems to use as practice