This From Slavery to Sharecropping lesson plan also includes:
Your young historians will learn about the history of sharecropping and tenant farming that developed after the Civil War in the United States, and then compare those systems with the institution of slavery after participating in a role-playing activity.
- If you are pressed for time, the informational texts and follow-up worksheets can also be given as a homework assignment
- Ensure that the role-playing activity of sharecropper and landowner is appropriate for the age and maturity of your learners
- Presentation is included as PDF, but the images are high quality and so can easily be projected
- Many opportunities for image/primary source analysis
- Very detailed explanations for how to explain each slide of presentation
- All activity handouts and worksheets are included