This Function Notation in a Context lesson plan also includes:
Introducing function notation! Beginning learners explore function notation with their peers through guided practice. Function journals help them keep track of key concepts and their reflections.
8 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Give the practice assignment as a pre-test to assess how much the pupils know before the unit, and to pair learners of different levels
- Keep journals in the classroom
- Print handouts before the lesson
- The formatting and structure of the function journal help outline expectations for the learners
- Use the journal throughout the year to record progress of learning as functions get more complicated