This Functions Represented by Tables lesson plan also includes:
So many functions and so little time! Beginning learners investigate different types of functions through independent practice and collaboration with others. The instructional activity uses real data and cross-curricular ties to science.
7 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Separate pupils into groups to research data from other sources of carbon dioxide emissions and place data in a table format
- Have learners complete one section (type of function) of the handout each night for homework and then review each type of function with directed instruction
- Print handouts before the lesson, so you can begin the activity at the start of class
- Uses a variety of function types that both increase understanding and hold pupils' interest
- Function journal provides support for beginning learners