This Game Design: Platform Game lesson plan also includes:
Jump at the chance to create a game. A fun computer science lesson challenges pupils to design a game using the Scratch programming language. The fourth of eight parts in the Google CS Game Design unit, the game requires players to get a character from one side of the screen to the other by jumping onto platforms of different heights.
- Have a contest to see which classmate creates the best game
- Experience with Scratch is necessary
- An understanding of conditional statements from the previous activity is a requirement
- Provides a solution sheet for instructors
- Includes a pacing guide to keep everyone on task