This Gathering Goods for the Marketplace lesson plan also includes:
Young silk road merchants select goods to be sold in a classroom marketplace. They begin their journey by exploring items in the Asian Art Museum where they select a treasure to advertise for sale in a one-minute commercial. Links to the Asian Art Museum and an assignment sheet are included in the packet.
- Schedule time in the computer lab to model for the class how to explore the various features of the Asian Art site and how to locate the works of art
- Ask participants to include images of their object in their taped commercial
- The activity provides a focus for an exploration of the features of the museum site
- Traders must consider a variety of factors, such as fragility, demand, and profit, when making their choice
- The assignment sheet references a map not included in the resource packet