This Generating Electricity: Evaluating the Sustainability of Today's and Tomorrow's Energy Sources lesson plan also includes:
Energize your class with a shocking lesson on energy — for both today and tomorrow. Class members investigate the energy sources of their local power company. Groups then work together to determine the impact of one activity and a specific energy source on the environment, the economy, and on society. The groups then decide where their energy source belongs on a sustainability scale.
- Provide instruction on the different types of energy
- Revise the worksheet to provide space for pupils to record their answers and explanations
- The class should be familiar with using a Venn diagram
- The resource includes questions to ask the class to help them determine the sustainability of their energy source
- Contains suggestions for modifications for students with special needs