This Generating Ideas for Electricity Generation lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Electricity is an integral part of our daily lives, but many energy sources are damaging the environment. Young engineers read about innovations in alternative energy sources, then work in groups to design and build a model of a system to generate energy. Each group presents its design to the class. The lesson plan finishes with everyone discussing the importance of renewable energy resources.
- Hands-on activities bring out creativity in your young engineers and kinesthetic learners
- Meets many engineering, earth science, and ELA standards
- Fairly quick and easy set-up for teachers
- Not a lot of time built in for the development or creation of models; it may be worth spending a little more time and really working through each step of engineering design process