This Geometer Sherlock: Triangle Investigations lesson plan also includes:
Deduce quite elementary relationships within triangles. Small groups work through three investigations of triangles. The investigations use patty paper to determine the Triangle Sum Theorem and the relationship between the angle size and the opposite side length. Using spaghetti, the teams determine the Triangle Inequality Theorem as it relates to the sides of the triangle.
- Use a dynamic geometry software program to verify the conclusions learners make through their investigations
- The class should have a basic understanding of the properties of triangles
- Each group needs patty paper and raw spaghetti
- Provides guiding questions to use throughout the lesson
- Includes answer keys for each handout