This Getting the Gist: Steve Jobs Commencement Address lesson plan also includes:
As part of a unit study of Bud, Not Buddy, readers compare Buddy's list of rules to live by with those rules that Steve Jobs enumerates upon in his commencement address to Stanford's 2005 graduating class.
51 Views 25 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Provide class members with calligraphy magic markers and font models. Then have them practice several letter forms
- The sixth session in a 12-lesson unit that uses Christopher Paul Curtis' Bud, Not Buddy as a core text
- Readers continue to use the Odell Education model for figuring out the meaning of unfamiliar words in text.
- The 18-page packet includes a detailed plan, the full text of Jobs' speech, discussion questions, Odell Education reading guide questions, and a link to the Odell site
- Some students may need additional scaffolding the shift in focus from the earlier lessons in the unit