This "Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death" Speech worksheet also includes:
What kind of rhetorical devices did Patrick Henry use in his famous speech that convinced the colony of Virginia to organize a militia and fight in the American Revolution? Pupils analyze the speech text and then discuss what it takes to incite a revolution.
- Consider analyzing this text together as a text, modeling how to mark the text and clarifying any difficult vocabulary along the way
- A separate lesson is required on rhetoric and rhetorical devices for students to respond appropriately to the discussion questions
- This publisher has several other similar worksheets that also focus on the theme of revolutions and how they begin (see additional materials for link)
- Complete text of Patrick Henry's speech included
- Excellent opportunity for primary source analysis