This Global Climate Change and Sea Level Rise lesson plan also includes:
One of the most vulnerable cities to the rise in sea levels is Venice, which already has periodic flooding. In the hands-on activity, participants design an experiment to show rising sea levels caused by sea ice melt and by glacial melt to show which will cause sea levels to rise. Includes questions for discussion.
- Great activity for a unit on climate change with lots of other topics to discuss: density of water as liquid/solid, learners' roles in helping decrease climate change, freshwater/saltwater, etc.
- Students need to measure the level of water every hour for three hours; therefore the activity will need to be adjusted for schools whose science class is only one period/hour
- Includes background information for teachers
- Simple, effective activity about a current issue
- Includes data sheet for the lab