This Go with Green Triangles—Linking Length, Perimeter, Area, and Volume lesson plan also includes:
Investigate and compare scale factors of perimeter and area. Young scholars use an applet to manipulate the sides of similar rectangles. They then make perimeter and area calculations and compare the ratios to finish the second in a series of four lessons.
- Take photos of objects in the classroom, then take measurements and identify the scale factor of the photos
- Requires the individual use of devices with Internet access
- Expects proficiency working with ratios and proportions
- Provides an interactive component to make explorations time efficient
- Includes links to additional resources on the same topic