This Going the Distance lesson plan also includes:
Can your class predict how far a pool ball will go based on the size of the pool table? The fourth and final installment in the Paper Pool activity series brings learning full circle by relating the observed movement patterns to symmetry and distance. Individuals use the skills they've developed throughout the unit in a culminating activity.
- Give each pupil a different-sized table to use to complete the questions
- Further develop the class' understanding of scale and proportion by asking them to relate the diagonal units used in the lesson to actual metric length units
- Learners should have prior knowledge of vertical and horizontal lines of reflection to answer the questions
- Lesson is an excellent final project for the unit
- Resource includes options for assessment and extension
- The interactive does not launch when clicking on the applet