This Grandparent Interview lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
An engaging lesson focuses on personal experiences with well-known historical events, such as the bombing of Pearl Harbor or the assassination of John F. Kennedy. After interviewing their grandparents or other members of the community, learners write an article in a local newspaper for a special edition on the anniversary of the historical event.
- While the interview is a great idea and the lesson plan covers many useful skills, such as questioning, note taking, and research, you will need to supplement the resource in order to effectively teach the intended skills
- Pupils who do not have living grandparents may feel isolated during the assignment; consider creating a list of people whom they could interview
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Connects language arts and social studies in a meaningful assignment