This Graphical Representations for the Number of Hits—Paper Pool lesson plan also includes:
Building off the prior two lessons, scholars graph their collected data from Paper Pool in the third of five lessons. This opens up data analysis for visual learners and those who prefer lines to numbers allowing more scholars to learn the formula as they continue on to the next two lessons in the unit.
- Play related math games here
- Offer a quick exit card assessment by asking how many hits a 5 x 38 table would have
- Relies on prior knowledge of controlling variables, graphing points, and solving for slope
- Includes assessment and discussion questions for young mathematicians
- Offers teacher reflection ideas to improve methodology