This Graphing Periodic Table Trends activity & project also includes:
Through the creation of eight graphs for each trend on the periodic table, scholars learn there are multiple patterns. The project encourages groups to equally divide work, verify with outside sources, graph and share data in Google docs, and present findings.
- Assign a color for each graph to help class members see how they align, i.e. part A red, part B blue, etc.
- Individuals must have a Google account to complete the project
- Each day's assignment will likely take more than a standard class period; if learners don't have access to the Internet at home, you may need to make sure they can complete it during study hall or double the scheduled duration
- Provides step-by-step directions for making a graph in Google sheets
- Includes one rubric for the graph assignment and another for the writing assignment