This Graphing Quadratic Equations lesson plan also includes:
Sneak peek! Provide a first look at quadratic graphs using an introductory lesson of graphing quadratics that compares them to linear graphs. Pupils use graphing calculators to investigate the effects of changing the leading coefficient and the constant term on the graph.
- Give the class a transformation and have them write the equation of the transformed quadratic
- Develop a set of rules based upon transformations in the activity
- Individuals should be familiar with transformations as they relate to linear equations
- Provides extensions for the lesson
- Includes suggestions for formative assessment