This Graphing Quadratics Made Easy: Vertex Form of the Equation lesson plan also includes:
Translate the transformations of quadratics. The lesson presents the vertex form of quadratic equations and shows how to read the transformations from the equation. Given six quadratic equations, pupils graph them and describe the transformation of the parent function each graph represents.
- Review how to find the vertex from the vertex form of the equation
- Class members should be able to convert from standard to vertex form
- Assumes learners are familiar with transformations of functions
- Contains a checklist to use as guidance for summative assessment
- Includes suggestions for accommodations
- Equations on the teacher's pages do not display