This Grow Research by Reading Additional Texts video also includes:
Your young writers have their research questions formulated, but now how do they go about reading new texts and finding information with those questions in mind? This video conveys the importance of avoiding tunnel view while researching, how to notice new and relevant information, and how to consider whether or not such information would contribute to the overall topic of an essay.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Models use of a T-chart to record information from research
- Includes important questions to consider while compiling research
- Video will move quickly and may seem confusing without having watched the previous video in the series
- Make sure your class has read the additional resource, as the narrator frequently refers to this text