What causes habitat destruction and what can be done to restore habitats? These are the essential questions that guide kids as they return to a previously studied habitat, examine any changes, and consider what might have caused these changes.
37 Views 23 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Continue the habitat observations with weekly visits
- Ask class members to expand their observations to areas around their homes and in their cities
- The second of two lessons that focus on habitats
- The activity builds awareness of the fragility of habitats and the degree to which humans are responsible for these changes
- A graphic organizer is provided for the observations