This Hardy Har Har: Investigating the Hardy-Weinberg Principle lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Well, shiver me timbers! Biology pupils practice using the Hardy-Weinberg principle for computing change in gene frequency within a fictional population of pirates. The genetic trait being analyzed is the presence of sea legs, legs that prevent them from falling over when the ship is tossing. A combination of math and science makes this a handsome treasure to increase the value of your genetics unit!
- Extremely detailed teacher's guide makes this a breeze to implement
- Lab sheet thoroughly walks learners through the activity, calculations, and additional exercises
- Meets several Common Core State Standards in higher math
- The lesson requires foreknowledge of genetics and algebraic concepts that are not taught within the lesson