This Harriet Tubman Reading Comprehension worksheet also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Young pupils not only discover major characteristics and events in the life of Harriet Tubman, but also develop essential reading comprehension skills, such as identifying the main idea, differentiating between fact and opinion, and drawing connections from texts to personal life.
- Have learners take note of the many qualities of good readers that these worksheets identify. Then, take those same skills and immediately practice them with another text, perhaps of an engaging short story or informational text related to another famous African American.
- Some of the worksheet activities, such as Activity #5, require use of a particular supplemental textbook; however, most of the worksheets can be used without access to the book
- Pupils should have already been introduced to the institution of slavery prior to the Civil War in the United States before beginning these worksheets
- Continually reinforces characteristics of good readers
- Worksheets are organized, well designed, and include a variety of reading comprehension activities
- Applicable to a wide range of Common Core standards
- Includes answer key (see last page of resource)