This Have Some Pizza: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations lesson plan also includes:
Frugal shoppers, linear systems are your friends! Armed with information about the rates different pizza places charge for their pizzas and deliveries, learners write equations to represent each restaurant. After analyzing the graphs, they discover pairs of restaurants with zero, one, and an infinite number of solutions.
- Create a foldable or graphic organizer for pupils to record examples of linear systems with one, zero, or infinitely many solutions
- Expects a solid understanding of parts of a linear equation
- Requires graphing calculators for individuals
- Suggests different options for teaching strategies
- Creates a real-life scenario that represents the three types of solutions of linear systems