This Have Some Pizza: Introduction to Systems of Linear Equations lesson plan also includes:
Have your pizza—and eat it, too! Given information on the cost of pizza and its delivery, learners create a graph, table, and equation. They compare the cost with that of a different company, using a system of equations to determine when the cost for the two companies will be equal.
- Visit local pizzerias and use their cost structures in the lesson
- A familiarity with linear equations is a must
- Pupils should be able to write equations for a situation, create tables, and plot graphs
- Includes some homework options
- Lists lesson reflection questions for instructors