This Height Scatterplot Lab lesson plan also includes:
Don't just dip your toe in ... place a foot into the investigation of heights. The class collects the foot length and height of each member before creating a scatter plot of the data and estimating a best fit line. Using a graphing calculator, pupils determine the equation of the linear regression line and use it to predict the height given the length of a person's foot.
- Ask learners how an outlier in the data would affect the best fit line and discuss as a class
- Have the class come to an agreement on the measurement methods to ensure quality data collection
- Class members should be familiar with scatter plots and associations
- Provides a chart to organize the data
- Includes directions to find the linear regression using a calculator