This Hickory, Dickory, Dock lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
What did the mouse run up? The clock! Practice consonant blends and rhyming with a lesson plan that combines a nursery rhyme with pronunciation practice and a hands-on craft activity. Kids will master the -ock word family with this set of materials.
- After practicing -ock words together, set up teacher- or volunteer-led stations around the classroom where kids can practice reading the poem and put together their consonant clocks
- Invite pupils to come up with their own silly rhymes using the words on their consonant clocks
- Clear and detailed instructional procedures are listed for both the rhyming activity and the consonant clock activity
- Includes an adorable printable that kids can cut out and put together for practicing with -ock words