This coloring and sight words learning exercise looks a bit like a puzzle and offers plenty of fun practice with spelling and fine motor skills. Similar to painting by numbers, kids must color in the spaces that include the target word. There are several other similar words around the target words, so kids will need to take care as they color.
- Depending on how much time you have, you might invite youngsters to color in the rest of the page in different colors
- Use this in a center or station
- Learners will need to have some prior knowledge of the target words (and, are, the) before completing the activity
- Includes a nice explanation on the first page of how to implement these sight words worksheets in the classroom
- Provides a couple of sample images of student work to demonstrate
- Requires learners to practice spelling, careful attention, and fine motor skills, but still provides a fun task to complete