This Historical Overview of Ireland Activities Guide activity & project also includes:
Young historians continue their exploration of Ireland with a collection of social studies activities. From writing a character story about a person living in a particular era to designing Celtic panels and knots to drawing plans for a castle, pupils engage both their creativity and their knowledge of Irish history.
- Model some of the chosen activities to give class members an example
- Review the materials prior to implementing, as a variety of materials are needed
- Activities assume learners are familiar with writing manuscripts and have background knowledge of Ireland's history
- Resource guide provides five pages of instructional activities, as well as handouts to accompany some of them
- Some of the activities may require additional background research to create a more robust experience