This Holiday Lights assessment also includes:
Untangle any misconceptions on the Pythagorean Theorem using holiday lights. Young mathematicians find the total length of lights needed for a roof display given a diagram. Using the Pythagorean Theorem is helpful for coming up with the correct answer.
- Use the resource as a class opener
- Learners must have expertise with the Pythagorean Theorem
- Scholars will need to have some way of calculating square roots
- Diagrams are informative and easy to interpret
- Rubric provides some questions to use to guide learners
- PDF version of the rubric has sample responses that are too small to read when printed at normal size