This Homework or Play? lesson plan also includes:
As the saying goes, it's all in the presentation. Given data displayed in charts and graphs, pupils determine statistical measures and displays. The class learns about surveys and how to use them to collect data and show their understanding of data displays by reading and creating them.
- Conduct a survey of the class to collect data on the number of hours they do specific activities
- Have individuals develop a survey and graph the data about something that interests them
- The class should be familiar with different methods of graphing data
- Provides an extra activity for more practice
- Contains descriptions of common misconceptions
- The lesson plan does not go into detail on how the handouts all fit together