This Hospital Locator lesson plan also includes:
Use triangle-related circles to find the best place to construct a hospital. The resource presents a hypothetical problem for teams to find the best location for a modern medical center shared by three large cities in the Northwestern part of the United States. Small groups use their knowledge of constructions to find the circumcenter and incenter for the triangle formed by the cities and decide which location to place the hospital.
- Use a local state map and select three rural locations needing a hospital
- The class should be familiar with constructing angle bisectors and perpendicular bisectors
- Provide each group with a transparency sheet and geometric construction tools
- Contains applets to make the constructions
- Provides suggestions for extensions