This How Did Jazz Music During the 1920’s Reflect a Change of Culture for America? lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Music and culture are intimately linked. Ask your learners to find connections between jazz and the culture of the 1920s though a jigsaw activity and writing assignment. All pupils read one of three articles and get together in mixed groups to create posters that represent the similarities and differences between the articles. After presenting their work, class members get to work outlining and writing an essay on the same topic.
- Clearly describes procedures for the jigsaw-style discussion and poster session
- Comes with articles, graphic organizers, assignment sheets, a sample essay, a rubric, and more
- Plan is not split up into separate days; you will have to determine the timing on your own
- Not much detail is given for the writing assignment portion of the plan