This How Do Chemists Measure? lesson plan also includes:
What is a scientist's favorite type of dog? A lab. This lesson includes a lab experiment and a project for young chemists to learn about measurement, including the metric system and nanotechnology. The resource includes grading rubrics for both the lab and the project.
- Use the lesson at the beginning of the year
- Students needing more of a challenge can research consumer-based products that use nanotechnologies
- Designed for two-and-a-half class periods of 85 minutes each
- Prepare chemical solutions prior to the start of class
- Includes pre-activity ideas and teacher lab notes
- Provides alternative assessment options