This How Do I Fit In? unit also includes:
Explore Gabriel and Aleul's journey to blend into American culture while dealing with prejudice and misconceptions. Learners examine the concepts of tolerance and assimilation with role-play scenarios, worksheets, and class discussions.
- Have scholars work in small groups to identify ways they could help displaced individuals feel welcome in America
- Provided activities are not in separate files
- Themes of terrorism and violence may not be suitable for certain age levels
- Part five of a six-part series
- Great opportunity for class-led discussions and learning
- Good primary sources and graphs help illustrate concepts