This How Do We Help the American Chestnut Tree? lesson plan also includes:
Genetic engineering makes the impossible possible. Pupils research the process of creating a transgenic organism. The final product is a poster illustrating the different processes such as DNA extraction, gel electrophoresis, and gene splicing. This is the fourth installment in a 10-part series.
- Create collaborative groups and assign specific research goals to each pupil in the group
- Pupils need poster board, printer paper, and markers to complete the activity
- Requires laptops with Internet access for research
- Provides documents in PDF and doc form
- Includes a rubric for assessing completed posters