This How Many Hits?—Paper Pool lesson plan also includes:
Young scientists collect data to make observations, understand the pattern, and solve for a formula. The second activity in a five part series continues the Paper Pool game.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Designed
- Advanced students who quickly find the formula or pattern should be challenged to solve what happens if they use mixed numbers instead of integers
- Do not lead scholars to the proper formula and let them continue to collect data and make observations as they continue through the rest of the unit
- Assumes comfort using the Paper Pool applet
- Includes the proper formula pupils need to solve for
- Connects math, science, and problem solving