This How Much is a Million? lesson plan also includes:
A million of anything is no small thing! Model a million with a math activity that explores the size and weight of a million grains of rice. Groups count and weigh a sample of rice and use proportions to calculate the weight of a million grains of rice.
- Have each group perform multiple sample trials to increase the data pools
- Expects proficiency working with proportions
- Requires a specific set of materials and time for preparation
- Includes sample pupil solutions
- Uses easily obtainable materials