This How Plants Are Grouped lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Individuals classify, categorize, and sort plants based on how they pollinate with a handy worksheet. As they ask questions, elementary learners make observations of leaves by touching and looking closely at them, and drawing what they notice. From here they classify the leaves based on similar characteristics.
- Provide magnifying glasses for close-up observations
- Make a word wall with the vocabulary words provided
- Homework portion of the resource requires pupils to collect five different types of leaves to categorize; be sure to have extra leaves in case of shortages
- The final portion of the worksheet allows for self reflection