This How Should I Move?—Movement with Functions lesson plan also includes:
Develop rules for functional movements. Using a motion detector, groups work to recreate a graph by walking in front of the detector. As they make graphs, the teams learn about linear, exponential, quadratic, and piecewise graphs. They try to develop equations from data points along their graphs in the introductory lesson in a series of three.
- Have the class describe the movements needed to create specific function types
- Requires at least one motion detector connected to a graphing calculator or application
- The class should be familiar with linear, exponential, and quadratic functions
- Contains reflection questions
- Provides assessment questions and an optional worksheet